Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 16, 2017, 19:51

Login with username, password and session length

Help Support =A1=

If you wish to donate to =A1=, please click below:

All donations are greatly welcomed and appreciated..

Sending money via direct bank deposit also welcome.. Talk to Peace or HighChops for details..

Please Support Army of One!
December Donations
Dec-12 Disturbed AUD25.00
Dec-4 Aedryn AUD25.00

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

ODiscoBallsO

Today at 14:36
 :D

ODiscoBallsO

Today at 14:36
 :D

PEACE

Dec 04, 2017, 22:23
We Wil Do Our Best Not To Miss You Death , See you when we do  :P :P :P

Death

Dec 01, 2017, 18:53
Didn’t get a chance to say I was leaving! Will be back in about a month, don’t miss me too much!  ;)

RadioHag

Nov 21, 2017, 16:16
Greetings crew RBL RadioHag here - I have another clan in mind that you could scrim.  Their name is ASS KICKERZ (AK)  their an Aussie/Kiwi based clan.  So if ya keen let me know and I'll get the ball rolling

PEACE

Oct 25, 2017, 05:53
Where are You rilla_nz ?
 :P

Scuffy_NZ

Oct 19, 2017, 01:37
Night shift...ugh! >:(

[RBL]Tbdestroyer1

Oct 17, 2017, 11:02
Hey all just wanting to know if you guys would like to do a scrim with rbl in the next week or two
Cheers

mark0x01

Oct 01, 2017, 18:51
rebuilding whole PC since Origin Client crapped out only 300Gb to go  >:(

Scuffy_NZ

Sep 24, 2017, 15:07
scrim time tonight
 !!

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22579
  • Total Topics: 3756
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 40
  • (Feb 28, 2014, 09:20)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Author Topic: A word that should also be banned  (Read 125 times)

xCANIBALXCORPSEx

• Private
A word that should also be banned
« on: Nov 12, 2017, 23:38 »

I am a parent and step father, this to me is more offensive than the banned word

Sceva161

• Clan member
  • First Sergeant
Re: A word that should also be banned
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:23 »
As a parent myself I tend to agree...

My wife calls me a C most days and I’m EXTREMELY liberal with its use myself (I am fairly quiet on TS due to my language/sense of humour isn’t for everyone).

But, in saying all that, I can see where the banned word list could get huge. I think it’s about issuing warnings about language use that is offensive in general, when an individual is targeted.
I think the only times I even write in Chat is to pull someone up on something.

PEACE/Admins I’m guessing will have a better understanding of the Clans standing on this...

Just my 2cents.

PEACE

• Administrator
  • General
Re: A word that should also be banned
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:19 »
We have clear rules on our servers http://www.a1armyofone.com/index.php?topic=3935.0 it can be a problem to manage if an admin isnt around or just a judgement issue form Admin to Admin sometimes or just not seeing something, as far as pedo vs the c word goes they are as bad as each other for me if someone is repeating them after being asked not to , in this situation they would be banned but not for a one off use as players need to be warned first.

The c word is an interesting one as even though its more acceptable these days to some its still not to a lot depending on your background, country, age, sex, your work place etc , we have had a number of members say they wouldn't of joined us if it wasn't
for the no c word rule as they find it offensive , what we have always tried to do is open up A1s TS ,Discord to the widest variety of people as poss thats why we have this rule along with trolls use of it on our servers where its used more often than not to abuse someone.

And it has been in place for close to 9 years and was set by the then founding Admins and Members before I joined A1 for good reason......Thanks PEACE   

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 by PEACE »

Teamspeak

=A1= Servers

Top Posters

Timezones

New Zealand
 Sydney
 Canberra
 Melbourne
 Hobart
 Brisbane
 Adelaide