Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 16, 2017, 19:57

Login with username, password and session length

Help Support =A1=

If you wish to donate to =A1=, please click below:

All donations are greatly welcomed and appreciated..

Sending money via direct bank deposit also welcome.. Talk to Peace or HighChops for details..

Please Support Army of One!
December Donations
Dec-12 Disturbed AUD25.00
Dec-4 Aedryn AUD25.00

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

ODiscoBallsO

Today at 14:36
 :D

ODiscoBallsO

Today at 14:36
 :D

PEACE

Dec 04, 2017, 22:23
We Wil Do Our Best Not To Miss You Death , See you when we do  :P :P :P

Death

Dec 01, 2017, 18:53
Didn’t get a chance to say I was leaving! Will be back in about a month, don’t miss me too much!  ;)

RadioHag

Nov 21, 2017, 16:16
Greetings crew RBL RadioHag here - I have another clan in mind that you could scrim.  Their name is ASS KICKERZ (AK)  their an Aussie/Kiwi based clan.  So if ya keen let me know and I'll get the ball rolling

PEACE

Oct 25, 2017, 05:53
Where are You rilla_nz ?
 :P

Scuffy_NZ

Oct 19, 2017, 01:37
Night shift...ugh! >:(

[RBL]Tbdestroyer1

Oct 17, 2017, 11:02
Hey all just wanting to know if you guys would like to do a scrim with rbl in the next week or two
Cheers

mark0x01

Oct 01, 2017, 18:51
rebuilding whole PC since Origin Client crapped out only 300Gb to go  >:(

Scuffy_NZ

Sep 24, 2017, 15:07
scrim time tonight
 !!

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22579
  • Total Topics: 3756
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 40
  • (Feb 28, 2014, 09:20)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7

Author Topic: ANZAC Operations  (Read 243 times)

ShevermiN

• Private
ANZAC Operations
« on: Dec 01, 2017, 15:46 »
Hey guys  Shevermin here, hey after the success of your last scrim with multiple clans I was wondering if you guys were interested in trying to get an operations style event happening.. ??

With the imminent release of the new DLC and the Gallipoli Operations that comes with it would it be worth getting the clans together and starting the operation. Now I know there will be no admin but it wouldn't be that hard to seed an operation server and get organized into squads and hit the 20 mark to start it. I know that randoms will fill the other slots but that couldn't hurt.  The game plays for a long while and then swaps sides at the end to give the other team a chance to attack. This could take up to a three of hours and once the server is full if you leave you might have to queue up to get back in.

I just feel that this might be a way of getting a larger group of players into a server with more focus on squad style gameplay and enjoying the awesome gamemode that is operations.  It might not work, might be a grind but it might also turn into a monthly, if not weekly event bringing players together in a mode that has not been played to death..

Just a Shev though bubble,  does it sound like something your clan would be interested in ???   8)

RaoulDuke

• Clan member
  • Staff Sergeant
Re: ANZAC Operations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2017, 23:53 »
I for one really enjoy operations when in a squad that plays together & the grind is worth it win or loose.

Illuminate

• Clan member
  • Private
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2017, 09:26 »
Yes I agree

PEACE

• Administrator
  • General
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2017, 05:07 »
That could be really good , the only problem may be the length of time Operations may run for as it can be hard to get members together for that long as most are really busy , ill ask for names and see what the response is and go from there.

Thanks  ShevermiN will keep in touch  ;)...PEACE

Scuffy_NZ

• Administrator
  • First Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2017, 06:40 »
Keen bean p

Sweepnclear

• Clan member
  • Corporal
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2017, 09:24 »
operations is always fun but can never find any rooms playing it anymore so barely play much bf because of it but I'm always keen

ShevermiN

• Private
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2017, 19:13 »
Okay floated the idea to wolfpack as well and they are keen, can't make contact with the rebels so if somebody knows them maybe give them a shout as the more the merrier and the better this will work.

The DLC isn't till 11th so might give this an alpha run next weekend to see if it can work and seeing you guys can get 12 on a sunday for a scrim and hoping there is no conflict with other events here's how to give it a crack.

Pick a date:    next Sunday 10th  Dec

Pick a time 6:30 pm EDST for a 7:00 pm  start...

Pick a teamspeak:    wolfpac or A1  or whomever can set up two channels  attack and defend with 2 to 3 sub channels within each.

Pick a map:  which ever  operations is up next week for the campaign..... ??  Preferably one that doesn't require premium for the first go.

Assemble in teamspeak and sort out teams, someone jumps into an operations server and the rest follow in using the pre round to sort out the teams.  When it gets to 20 players the map will start then just hang on for the ride..  This will be a public server and with operations now in the browser the map will fill out with randoms pretty quickly but hey that will be a good thing.

The server will just run through the campaign which can take awhile (3 hours so stock up on supplies)  and somebody just needs to keep score at the end of the round for some bragging rights.

It couldn't be this easy  ??   :)

ANDYG360

• Clan member
  • Private
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2017, 22:00 »
Interested!! ????

PEACE

• Administrator
  • General
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:14 »
Just put your name down here guys if your interested, arent you sure Andy hehe......Ill be there at some stage , with this type of game mode as long as we have enough at the start to kick it off members can come and go as the game goes on but it will come down to numbers also so if you are keen to be part of it please say ....Thanks PEACE
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 05:35 by PEACE »

NovaAstra

• Clan member
  • Private
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2017, 21:31 »
I volunteer my bean for service.

8) 8) 8)

SasquatchPoopSlinger

• Clan member
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2017, 21:53 »
interested  ;)

RaoulDuke

• Clan member
  • Staff Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2017, 22:53 »
Hell Yer
7pm West Oz time

CaptGB_NZ

• Clan member
  • Lance Corporal
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2017, 17:33 »
Sounds like a plan, can we make a squad and join that way?

ShevermiN

• Private
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2017, 16:53 »
OK it's a go for proof of concept trial for Operations friendly....

it's still 6:30 pm   Eastern daylight saving time for a no later than 7:00pm launch.  If we get good numbers we'll start it as quickly as possible.  I know it's a big if :)

Trying to get everyone into the one TS  might pose a challenge so for this trial run just use your own squads TS remembering it's only a fun trial so let's not take it to seriously....  What I'm trying to achieve here is system to work towards the full 64 player scrim.  But with no one clan big enough to make the numbers. By combining multiple clans we might be able to push towards a full 32 v 32 down the track.   And the success of the last combined scrim and the positive feed back regarding the event I'm hoping that goodwill can carry over to this type of event and maybe future combined Operations.

So how it will work ??  at 6:30pm I'll pick a random Operation server and inform everyone and if, no when we have enough numbers we'll fill into it via the browser and or joining off friends,   spend a little while sorting teams out and then when she starts just hang on for the ride.

So numbers  ???   don't know we'll just have to see who turns up, Wolfpac are on board and a hand full of the BLS crew and maybe a few from FARQ... 

Server needs 20 to start,  but it's how quickly it will full and how long it will stay full  ??   well lets find out 

And  CaptGB_NZ that's exactly how you can do it, also setting the filters in the browser to show operations only will also help.

Shev out
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017, 01:00 by ShevermiN »

mark0x01

• Clan member
  • Lance Corporal
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2017, 18:59 »
Count me in for More Fun On Sun   :D.

Mark.
J.A.O.F.

Teamspeak

=A1= Servers