Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 22, 2018, 03:07

Login with username, password and session length

Help Support =A1=

If you wish to donate to =A1=, please click below:

All donations are greatly welcomed and appreciated..

Sending money via direct bank deposit also welcome.. Talk to Peace or HighChops for details..

Please Support Army of One!
July Donations
Jul-19 Jacques_the,Jac... AUD30.00
Jul-10 LLOYD1966 USD35.00

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

Draxonfly

Jul 20, 2018, 23:26
bugger it, Kicked again!! .. 8..(
 :D

Draxonfly

Jun 15, 2018, 23:57
awww man, I was having a fun game (even got the blimp 1st time) and ya's kicked me :(.. lost my blimp codex.. :p

SasquatchPoopSlinger

May 21, 2018, 23:01
https://youtu.be/SBgex_4jFCA vote your opinion about compensation for BF1 lag issues!

smHatter

May 10, 2018, 13:49
The latest easter egg dog tag plays the BF1942 theme...

mark0x01

Apr 22, 2018, 16:13
No more AU servers for me. Now forced to play ion US ones >:(

smHatter

Apr 06, 2018, 21:15
DICE have finally acknowledged that the Oceanic servers are completely fucked

Sceva161

Apr 01, 2018, 19:58
Hoppy Easter

Death

Mar 19, 2018, 15:23
Won’t be on for a while, lost my internet  >:(

GString

Mar 09, 2018, 00:10
 :D

RadioHag

Jan 19, 2018, 18:35
Hey Crew post new forum in comments section see what ya think

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 23661
  • Total Topics: 4081
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 44
  • (Jun 20, 2018, 15:31)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: Overzealous Team Swapping  (Read 292 times)

GoatseBuster

• Clan member
  • Private
Overzealous Team Swapping
« on: Mar 26, 2018, 17:36 »
Just playing on the A1 conquest server Passchendaele where teams were slightly unbalanced due to the map change. Everyone knows teams eventually sort themselves out within the first few minutes.

Taking point C after killing the enemy who arrived first along with myself only to be swapped mid capture by an admin.

Teams were then heavily stacked to the opposite side until others then team swapped over to the original team I was on because they are now winning.

Now I don't mind being on the losing team (last night I stayed on the losing team against the A1 stack 5-6 maps in a row) and usually swap to the losing side to try and help but cmon guys... no need to be so heavy handed on the forced team swaps. It certainly didn't happen last night when the A1 stack was winning game after game. This isn't the first time either I've been swapped onto the losing side.

All it done was create one huge stacked team resulting in people quitting the server.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018, 17:40 by GoatseBuster »

PEACE

• Administrator
  • General
Re: Overzealous Team Swapping
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2018, 21:32 »
I see your point but its not easy to balance sides at times , as far as stacking goes mmm ive asked the guys to try not to have our best players all on one side you will notice the skill level ranges from very good to average among members so even though at times we have what looks to be a lot on one side theres not real advantage to be had , maybe the best way around your situation is to join A1  ;)  :P PEACE

1butch2c

• Clan member
  • Corporal
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2018, 22:03 »
What a load of rubbish! At least get your facts correct. I got on and was made aware that the teams had been unbalanced for the past 4-5 maps. I checked and saw that one side had the majority of 140 ranked players and the other team had a lot of sub 100 rankers, so I switched two people and then kicked about 5 high pingers 200+.

The two I swapped were GoatseBuster and Farkinnell. Farkinnell swapped straight back as I was unaware he was playing with his clan, (tags weren't on again). Now GoatseBuster had a wing about being switched to the losing side and quit. I switched another couple of players to even the side because they were not balanced.

All A1 stayed on the losing side and it was a severe raping, 1000 to 300. Now whenever the gap is this big it is no fun for anyone. The next map was another loss to our side but 1000 to 890 or so and much better game. Now people all winge about unbalanced teams and I do what I think is right in an attempt to even them out. Most of the time in the afternoon when I am on, the A1 players will switch to the losing side to make it even. We lose several matches but it is much closer and a better game.

It was not Overzealous switching at all, I  try to switch a couple good 140 ranked players to even it out and unfortunately they are normally the ones at the top of the leader board. I know a lot of players that constantly switch to the winning side all the time and this is what causes the unbalance.
Butch.

Chriis_au

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2018, 22:05 »
hey man it sucks being teamswapped especially when your alive and capping a flag  :(

But I was in that game and your side had 8 level 140's and the other side only had 1. That was the reason you and a few other players were swapped over not because one side simply had more players. And you're right the number of players on each teams gets evened out after a few minutes.

We got smashed that game 1000 - 300 but it worked because the next game was much closer 1000 - 850.

PEACE

• Administrator
  • General
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2018, 22:14 »
As I wasn't there ill go by Butch and Chriis assessment of the situation as they were...PEACE  :-X

Teamspeak

Could not load the TSViewer
Please report this issue via email

Top Posters

Timezones

New Zealand
 Sydney
 Canberra
 Melbourne
 Hobart
 Brisbane
 Adelaide