Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 2018, 15:39

Login with username, password and session length

Help Support =A1=

If you wish to donate to =A1=, please click below:

All donations are greatly welcomed and appreciated..

Sending money via direct bank deposit also welcome.. Talk to Peace or HighChops for details..

Please Support Army of One!
August Donations
Aug-17 PureBurnz AUD20.00
Aug-15 Raste AUD20.00
Aug-11 OldMateGatesy AUD35.00

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

Draxonfly

Jul 20, 2018, 23:26
bugger it, Kicked again!! .. 8..(
 :D

Draxonfly

Jun 15, 2018, 23:57
awww man, I was having a fun game (even got the blimp 1st time) and ya's kicked me :(.. lost my blimp codex.. :p

SasquatchPoopSlinger

May 21, 2018, 23:01
https://youtu.be/SBgex_4jFCA vote your opinion about compensation for BF1 lag issues!

smHatter

May 10, 2018, 13:49
The latest easter egg dog tag plays the BF1942 theme...

mark0x01

Apr 22, 2018, 16:13
No more AU servers for me. Now forced to play ion US ones >:(

smHatter

Apr 06, 2018, 21:15
DICE have finally acknowledged that the Oceanic servers are completely fucked

Sceva161

Apr 01, 2018, 19:58
Hoppy Easter

Death

Mar 19, 2018, 15:23
Won’t be on for a while, lost my internet  >:(

GString

Mar 09, 2018, 00:10
 :D

RadioHag

Jan 19, 2018, 18:35
Hey Crew post new forum in comments section see what ya think

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 23827
  • Total Topics: 4111
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 44
  • (Jun 20, 2018, 15:31)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Author Topic: Removal of Women News Article  (Read 165 times)

PvtJohnTowle

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
Removal of Women News Article
« on: Jun 04, 2018, 12:46 »
I personally think they have gone in the wrong direction as far as a female character in BF V. I don't have a problem with women fighting in WW2 but in a historical context. eg Resistance, Russian Snipers , SOE Agent.

The female in the trailer looked like she was part of a fighting unit, which didn't happen and I have no idea why they needed to include a prosthetic limb as part of her character, it makes no sense to me. I also don't get the blue mascara AKA "face paint" which can't even be classed as face camouflage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5799401/Furious-males-demand-WW2-video-game-remove-option-players-fight-women.html

What I would find distasteful and bordering on ridiculous  is whole teams of female characters dressed up like what is in the reveal trailer.

I have pre-ordered this game but I am sitting on the fence as to whether I will go ahead, pending some real time gameplay both via EA Play coming up and also the Open Beta which I will make a final judgment.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2018, 12:51 by PvtJohnTowle »

Stoj

• Clan member
  • Lance Corporal
Re: Removal of Women News Article
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2018, 13:30 »
I think the problem people are having is the reveal trailers for most of the previous Battlefields have been focused on the historical single player campaign aspect of the game, whereas BFV is clearly a multiplayer focussed trailer. The woman literally respawns after getting killed. The face paint and prosthetic arm are there to highlight character customisation options, and the 360 no scope after jumping out the window plus the guy downing a plane by shooting a grenade that was thrown with perfect timing are nods to the crazy shit that happens in multiplayer in Battlefield titles. You can't tell me modern fighter pilots eject from their cockpit with an rpg, destroy an enemy plane, then parachute back into their cockpit in real life. Or that in BF1 I can play as an American using a Russian rifle and a sickle as a melee weapon and that's an accurate historical representation.

Battlefield multiplayer has never been a historically accurate experience.

PvtJohnTowle

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2018, 16:17 »
I think the problem people are having is the reveal trailers for most of the previous Battlefields have been focused on the historical single player campaign aspect of the game, whereas BFV is clearly a multiplayer focussed trailer. The woman literally respawns after getting killed. The face paint and prosthetic arm are there to highlight character customisation options, and the 360 no scope after jumping out the window plus the guy downing a plane by shooting a grenade that was thrown with perfect timing are nods to the crazy shit that happens in multiplayer in Battlefield titles. You can't tell me modern fighter pilots eject from their cockpit with an rpg, destroy an enemy plane, then parachute back into their cockpit in real life. Or that in BF1 I can play as an American using a Russian rifle and a sickle as a melee weapon and that's an accurate historical representation.

Battlefield multiplayer has never been a historically accurate experience.

Yes but do we all need that sort of customisation and in this manner?  Yes I realise there is an arcade aspect to this game and not historically accurate but dressing up soldiers and their appearance that makes it more comical in nature. How far is too far? Do we want to turn BF into a Marvel comics franchise?

Omegalodon

• Team Leader
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • I like Turtles
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2018, 16:53 »
As a business model I think they had no choice but to do it.
It was either keep premium pass or go with cosmetic loot boxes. Without either the money dries up faster and so does ongoing support and DLCs along with it.
Yeah it's not ideal, but that is the world we live in. You can't have your cake and eat it too

Valleyman

• Administrator
  • Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2018, 18:58 »
I'll be honest cosmetics will make it easier to hunt down people you either want to have a joke with or are more of a threat to you... i.e. in 5 i'll be prioritising the better players based on their look (seen from the kill cam) etc.

besides unless they have identical hitboxes everyone will likely be a woman because of their smaller size they will have to balance that somehow less stam, or health etc etc.

PvtJohnTowle

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2018, 22:49 »
I'll be honest cosmetics will make it easier to hunt down people you either want to have a joke with or are more of a threat to you... i.e. in 5 i'll be prioritising the better players based on their look (seen from the kill cam) etc.

besides unless they have identical hitboxes everyone will likely be a woman because of their smaller size they will have to balance that somehow less stam, or health etc etc.

My concern is if the enemy are all dressed in different types of uniforms you won't distinguish them from friendlies , if the uniform is standard as per historical context, then you know who the baddies are.  Unless you can show me otherwise.  The trailer didn't highlight the differences and the whole thing was confusing to be honest who were the enemies and who were the friendlies.

smHatter

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2018, 23:05 »
The Battlefierld instagram account was asked about customisation, and they said helmets and camo will be faction specific. A British soldier won't be wearing a German Stahlhelm on his head for instance.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 00:31 by smHatter »

MrDerrikk

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2018, 13:54 »
Surely it'll be similair to BF4 with the camo colours all over the place and being quite confusing

PvtJohnTowle

• Clan member
  • Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2018, 17:11 »
Surely it'll be similair to BF4 with the camo colours all over the place and being quite confusing

But the female soldier "Dr Hook" didn't have a helmet on if you noticed. So if you are playing a German soldiers she is going to be wearing a Stalhelm and if she is British she isn't ? Doesn't make sense. 

So you see the Dr Hook in the distance by the silver metal limb , you aren't going to know if she is friendly or enemy.

The Battlefierld instagram account was asked about customisation, and they said helmets and camo will be faction specific. A British soldier won't be wearing a German Stahlhelm on his head for instance.

Assuming the German female soldier "Dr Hook" will be wearing a Stalhelm. We just don't know this. It is possible they will not give her a helmet to distinguish her as a female, as otherwise she will just look like the male soldiers which sort of defeats the idea they are pushing of "inclusion" doesn't it? I am going to call it now, the female soldier Dr Hook, won't have a helmet on as a German soldier or an allied soldier.

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/dice-boss-responds-battlefield-v-female-character-backlash/

This is something that DICE General Manager Oskar Gabrielson pointed over the weekend in a Twitter thread that started by him declaring that “Player choice and female characters are here to stay”.

Gabrielson continued in a series of tweets, highlighting that they want to “represent all those who were a part of the greatest drama in human history” and that DICE’s commitment is “to do everything we can to create games that are inclusive and diverse”.

This is clearly an allied female soldier with no helmet based upon the weapons she is holding. Which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous and unbelievable. 
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 17:24 by PvtJohnTowle »

Teamspeak

Could not load the TSViewer
Please report this issue via email

=A1= Servers

Top Posters

Timezones

New Zealand
 Sydney
 Canberra
 Melbourne
 Hobart